Here is the list of the top 10 most interesting facts about tablet tennis, that I have noted since many years.
Top 10 facts, statistics about table tennis
Here are the top 10 facts, statistics, and trends related to table tennis:
- Table tennis is the second most popular sport in the world, with over 300 million players in more than 200 countries (source: International Table Tennis Federation).
- The most successful male player in table tennis history is Jan-Ove Waldner, a Swedish player who has won numerous international titles, including an Olympic gold medal (source: International Table Tennis Federation). Recently, Ma Long is considered the best player of all time.
- The most successful female player in table tennis history is Deng Yaping, a Chinese player who has won numerous international titles, including Olympic gold medal (source: International Table Tennis Federation).
- Table tennis is an Olympic sport, and has been included in every Summer Olympics since 1988 (source: International Olympic Committee).
- Table tennis balls are made of ABS+, a type of plastic that is light and bounces well (source: Table Tennis England).
- The average table tennis ball travels at speeds of up to 80 miles per hour (source: Table Tennis England).
- The longest recorded rally in a table tennis match lasted for over two hours and had more than 11,000 hits (source: Guinness World Records).
- The most expensive table tennis racket ever sold was a Chinese racket from the late Qing Dynasty, which sold for over $100,000 at auction (source: Business Insider).
- In recent years, there has been a trend towards using faster, lighter rackets in table tennis, as they allow for more spin and speed (source: Table Tennis World).
- There are a growing number of professional table tennis leagues and tournaments around the world, including the International Table Tennis Federation World Tour and the Pro Tour (source: International Table Tennis Federation).
©PINGSUNDAY. Unauthorized use, translation or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited. Link and excerpt may be used, provided that clear credit is given to PingSunday with the specific link to the original content.
Sign up and join +65k readers. Get free coaching ebooks and coaching advice every week