Learn Technique From The Best Players
[catlist id=87 morelink=”Read more”]
News & Analysis in Major Tournaments
[catlist id=88 morelink=”Read more”]
News about Chinese National Team
China national table tennis team is founded in 1952. China Team is considered as the best team in table tennis. With 4 Male Grand Slams in table tennis (Liu Guoliang, Kong Linghui, Zhang Jike and Ma Long), and 5 Female Grand Slams (Deng Yaping, Wang Nan, Zhang Yining, Li Xiaoxia and Ding Ning).
[catlist tags=”china-national-table-tennis-team” morelink=”Read more”]
Top Chinese Table Tennis Players
1. Ma Long
Ma Long Forehand Technique:
Ma Long forehand technique is very special. His forehand is one of the most powerful strokes (with Wang Liqin forehand). Ma Long generates a lot of power by rotating his waist.
3. Fan Zhendong
4. Xu Xin
Who is Xu Xin?
Xu Xin is one of the best Chinese table tennis players. He is considered as the “Cloud Walker” in table tennis. Xu Xin becomes the worlds number 1 table tennis player in January 2013.
- Name: Xu Xin
- Nickname: “Cloud Walker”
- Chinese name: 许昕
- Nationality: China
- Date Of Birth: January 8, 1990
- Height 1.81 m (5 ft 11)
- Weight 70 kg (150 lb, 11 st)
Xu Xin’s playing style
- Playing grip: Penholder
- Unique style: Left hand and Penholder
- Playing style: Two sides, topspin far from the table. Great lobbing defensive skill. Control backhand style, Forehand attack all the table. Great serving skills. One of the best footwork in the world.
Xu Xin is a left-handed topspin attacker! He is the only one penholder in the China Top 4 and is the best penholder in the world from 2003 to now. Xu Xin is amongst the top 4 strongest table tennis players in the world including Ma Long and Zhang Jike, Fan Zhendong. Xu Xin is one of very few players in the top 100 of the World to play with a unique style of grip – The penhold grip. The previous best penholder was Ma Lin and Wang Hao who reached the final of the Beijing Olympics.
Xu Xin’s personal life
- Birthday: Jan. 8, 1990
- Province: Jiangsu China
- Started playing at 5 years old
- 10 years old: Provicinal Sports School in Jiangsu
- First professional coach: veteran coach Tang Zhixian at Shanghai
- 2002 moved to Shanghai, lived in a humid, non-air conditioned. Not easy life in Shanghai (poor).
- Xu Xin continue studying and hard work
- 2007, join the National Team Team B
- Only 6 months later, move to the first team, team A. He was working so hard, Xu Xin.
- Personal coach: coached by Qin Zhijian who happened to be a left-handed penhold player like him.
Xu Xin table tennis career
- first major achievement: East Asian Games Men’s Singles in 2009
- first ever World Tour title in Kuwait in 2010
- World Championships in 2014
- First player in the line up in the finals World Team Championships.
- Known as the “The Cloud Walker” with the quick footwork, crazy sidespin loop, in great defense
- worlds ranking number 1 in 2013
- In China, Xu Xin played for team Shanghai
5. Lin Gaoyuan
Chinese National Coaching Staff
1. Liu Guoliang
2. Kong Linghui