Table tennis is an amazing sport! And you should take care of your equipment! It’s nothing wrong that you should have a perfect racket and rubber that fits your game! Today, we talk about How to cut the rubber like a pro. Cutting the rubber is an art, and we are the artist!
Cutting rubber with scissors
So normally, you can easily cut your new rubber with regular scissors, or a cutting lame. Like this.
But some players can not cut it nicely with a regular scissor. And your racket looks so ugly.
You can see here, cutting rubber is very important.
You should not damage your blade. And you should cut the rubber, so it fits well to the blade. Otherwise, the rubber can be peeled off.
Cutting rubber neatly with a lame (or a knife)
You can cut your new rubber sharper with a support and a lame (cutter).
You need to be careful while cutting the rubber or you can damage the outer layer or the edge of the blade.
But if you apply the force too much, you can damage the wood layer (on your blade). And you need to change the lame ofter to have a good, sharp cut.
Table tennis rubber cutter machine
And I know some table tennis shop has used the professional cutter machine.
Cutter machine is great but I think the price is not cheap (around several hundred dollars, I think).
So I will show you another option, much cheaper, faster to have a nice, sharp rubber cut which fit very well with your racket.
Best way to cut table tennis rubber
I’ve found the best way to cut your rubbers fast, and perfect!
Watch this video:
Electric Scissor to cut table tennis rubber
What is that? It’s the electric scissor with a very well-designed blade. This tool can help you cut precisely, and quickly, through the fabric, leather, rubber, paper, and more.
So if you are the owner of a table tennis shop, or a club manager, or a table tennis coach, that you need to glue, to cut many many rubbers for your players. I would recommend you to buy these electric scissors. It will save you a lot of time and efforts.
Cheap table tennis scissor
The normal scissor is about 12 USD – 20 USD.
I’ve seen some player used the Donic curved cutting scissors. This scissor has a curve and small blade, which help you easily turn around the blade.
If you want this classical scissor, you buy it on Amazon.
Better solution: Electric Scissor
With an electric scissor, you can cut many rubbers quicker, and nice!
And there are many types of electric scissors, with the price from 20USD to 130USD. So you can choose.
The high-end electric scissor
If you need the best one! Of course, not very cheap (around 130 USD or more).
But if you are a professional sellers, table tennis shop, who cut, and sell many rackets (glued with rubber), or you are the player who want the perfect combination, you should go for it!
The top-rated is the “Portable Electric Scissors, WBT-115V”. This the scissor that you see in the video above.
- Can be used for cutting cloth, leather, paper, rubber & plastics
- Battery is rechargeable.
- Rechargeable long-lasting battery, No cord to worry about.
- Can be used continuously for 8 hours.
Cheaper electric scissor
If you just want to have the cheaper one, you can choose these models:
Cordless Battery-Operated Handheld Electric Scissors (around 25 USD)
- Electric scissors with convenient cordless design
- Sharp cutting edge; blunt-ended tip for safety
- Comfortable handle ensures a secure grip
- Lightweight yet durable; requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Measures approximately 1-3/5 by 9-1/8 by 5-1/4 inches
You can buy it on Amazon here.
Pink Power PP361LI Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Scissors (around 35 USD)
This one has very high rates!
- This electric cutter doesn’t require additional batteries and comes with our rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery which offers a full 1-2 hours of usage.
- These crafting scissors are lightweight and feature a compact design making them easy to store and carry. These fabric scissors are just under 1lb and no longer than nine inches.
- Each purchase of power scissors comes with two blades, a charger, and a full one-year warranty.
Available on Amazon.
You can also buy another model:
- Electric Power Scissors with Safety Switch, (about 25 USD)
- Simplicity Battery Operated Electric Scissors, Lime Green (about 20 USD)
- Fiskars 8.5 Inch Softouch Spring Action Rag Quilter Snip
So you can use any scissor that you like to cut the rubber.
If you managed to cut it nicely, stick with your old cutter. But if you have the cut many rubbers, or you don’t have a nice cut, change to these scissors is a good option.
Learn more about: