A player asked me:
Dear coach, should I let my child play table tennis? What are the benefits?
Well. I want to say “table tennis is one of the best sport in the World”. Not because I’m a table tennis coach. But ping pong is really really beneficial for young kids! Let them learn to become a great player, a great person! Here I explain to you the true story. Great benefits of playing ping pong for your kids. Playing ping pong has proved to be beneficial at work! But how about the effect of ping pong on kids’ education?
Ping pong is great for kids
∎ Page Contents ∎
One of my friends asked, “Why do you pay so much money for your kids to do all their sports”? Well, I have a confession to make; I don’t pay for my kids to play ping pong. Personally, I couldn’t care less about what sport they do.
So, if I am not paying for ping pong what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to their training but they go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body and equipment.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good teammates gracious in defeat and humble in success.
It’s never too late
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment when they don’t get that placing or title they’d hoped for, but still, they go back week after week giving it their best shot.
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to respect, not only themselves but other riders, officials, and coaches.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for my kids to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long-term goals.
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of their achievements as I am.
- I pay so that my kids can be out on the track instead of in front of a screen.
I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others.
From what I have seen so far I think playing ping pong as a sport is a great investment!
Special thanks to GT Table Tennis, and Trevlyn Mayo Palframan. So it’s up to you, let your kids play any sport. Any table tennis is one of the sports that your children can play from 7 years old to more than 77 years old.
Amazing junior level in China
In China, players tend to learn to play table tennis very soon.
This is the National Youth and Junior Youth Trials. The two teenagers played really beautifully in this game.
In China, the young players focus on the solid foundation of table tennis. When they grow up, they will have power. And their shots will become more dangerous.
©PINGSUNDAY. Unauthorized use, translation or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited. Link and excerpt may be used, provided that clear credit is given to PingSunday with the specific link to the original content.
Sign up and join +65k readers. Get free coaching ebooks and coaching advice every week