But first of all, this is a very long post. So prepare your coffee, or your cup of tea, and read this tutorial.
This tutorial will be updated gradually, bit by bit. So feel free to come back and check it out.
Equipment of Chinese Professional Players
3. Xu Xin’s equipment
- Xu Xin uses a Stiga Offensive NCT Wood blade.
- Forehand rubber: Hurricane III (Blue sponge) 41.5 hardness, 2.15mm.
- and a Stiga Boost TX, Tenergy 05, and come back to personal Hurricane 2 on his backhand.
- Sponsored by Stiga and DHS (China National Team)
- In 2017 CTTSL (Chinese Table Tennis Super League), Xu Xin changed back to DHS Skyline 2.
- Note: Skyline series is designed for penholder players before, for example, Malin used skyline 2 and Wanghao used skyline 3, Xuxin used skyline 2 before. It’s more difficult for penholder player against shake hand player nowadays due to the even bigger 40+ ball. Xu Xin changed to Hurricane 3, and then came back to Skyline 2 (Blue Sponge)
- Xu Xin used the harder and faster blade to get more speed due to the new ball.
- The current blade of Xu Xin is the customed DHS Blade, model N301.
The difference between Blue sponge (BS) and Orange Sponge of Chinese Table Tennis Rubber
- Blue Sponge is harder than the orange sponge. You need to hit harder to use Blue Sponge.
- Most of them Chinese Top Female players use hurricane orange sponge. And Male Top Chinese player use Blue sponge. But Liu Shiwen, Zhu yulin and Wang manyue are using blue sponge. It depends on your style and what blade you uses. Orange Sponge needs a stiffer and harder blade.
4. Fan Zhendong’s equipment
What is Fan Zhendong’s racket configuration? In fact, Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin is sponsored by Stiga. While Zhang Jike is sponsored by Butterfly. Double Happiness DHS sponsors Ma Long.
This is the latest Fan Zhendong’s equipment. The photo is taken at the ITTF Seamaster World Tour Grand Final 2017.
- Fan Zhendong’s racket: Viscaria with the Stiga Infinity Master handle. Proof: Look at the the ALC outerply of Viscaria. You can call this racket as “Visfinity” 🙂 (Viscaria with Inifinity handle). Why Infinity handle? Because he is sponsored by Stiga. Sometimes Fan Zhendong also used DHS W968. But it’s just a testing blade. In the real major competition, Fan Zhendong uses Butterfly Viscaria, which fits best his playing style (attack and counter attack at 2 sides closed-to mid distance).
- Fan Zhendong’s forehand rubber: It’s the national blue sponge DHS Hurricane 3. Hardness 40.5 Chinese scale. Thickness 2.15 mm.
- Backhand rubber: Professional version Butterfly Tenergy 05 (harder version 38-39 degree ESN scale). Thickness 2.20 mm.