ATTC is Hiring!
The Austin Table Tennis Club is looking for a full-time club host who will also serve as a part-time office and marketing assistant. This individual will maintain club operations on a daily basis, serve members and walk-in visitors, and handle a variety of office tasks in order to keep everything running smoothly.To be successful in this role you must be both friendly and assertive, welcoming, and a strong communicator. You will need to be organized, will utilize technology and software constantly, and must be comfortable interacting with club visitors many times a day.
In this position, you will report both to our Club Operations Manager as well as our Head Coach.
Position: Club Host and Office Administrator
Salary details and instructions to apply
Compensation and Perks
The compensation range for this role is $1800 to $2500, depending on experience.
Additionally, the precise hours and duties of this role may be negotiable depending on what you bring to the table. For this reason, we encourage all interested parties to apply, even if you’re not 100% certain you can fill the exact stated work hours.
Being involved in our club can be a lot of fun, especially if you have an appreciation for common interest communities, physical fitness, and sport. You’ll get to be part of one of the largest table tennis clubs in the southern USA, and top players from all over the country (and the world) commonly show up at our tournaments. Your work will help deliver an experience to people on a daily basis that they really love and are passionate about. And you’ll do this within a very small team, with a lot of personal autonomy. New ideas and strategies that you bring to the table may get tested and implemented. You won’t have to navigate any corporate bureaucracy or politics either.
If that sounds like fun to you, we encourage you to apply.
Convince us that you are the person we’re looking for!
Prepare a resume and cover letter and send to both:
- Marguerite Cheung, Operations Manager email@example.com
- Yang Yu, Head Coach
- Open and close the club on time. (Mon – Fri, 2:00pm – 10:00pm)
- Check-in all members and walk-in visitors, including taking payment and entering new accounts into our digital system
- Answer phone calls, emails, and receive mailed correspondence or packages
- Inform and facilitate member registration / participation in club classes, tournaments, and special events
- Run the “gear shop” by selling table tennis equipment (we can provide basic training on this)
- Host multiple “league” events and make sure results are entered into digital system
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas, restroom and front desk
- Assist with marketing correspondence and advertisements for coaching, tournaments, and club events
- Assist to reach out to new potential customers and seek to expand club business where the opportunity may be available
- Ability to learn quickly, especially using digital tools and software
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to courteously correspond with internal staff and external parties (vendors, customers, etc.) — both verbal and written communication
- Basic experience with Google Drive and/or Microsoft Office tools
- Basic experience using a fax machine, scanner, copier, and a business phone system
- Reliable transportation and the ability to be at the club on time from 2:00pm – 10:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Ability to manage your own time and be accountable for duties without continuous oversight
Any of the following will improve your chances …
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- An interest in social clubs, better yet an interest in sports clubs, better yet an interest in table tennis!
- Experience working in a “front desk” capacity at a gym, club, or rec center
- Experience working with inventory or retail goods of any kind
- Experience creating your own organization systems, methods, or tracking systems of any kind
- Experience organizing events, particularly tournaments or sports events
- Experience in business development or sales, reaching out to potential customers for products or services
8956 Research Blvd, Austin TX, 78758, USA
(address is for AAA Storage — we are in our own building at the back of the lot)
Read more another jobs opportunities here!